DEJOEENT.BLOGSPOT.COM


Female Nigerian Teacher Opens Up On How She Encourages Her Students To Study

Recent post

There are many ways to encourage learning in young children and this pretty female Nigerian teacher is currently receiving applause for her method.
Identified as Theodorauju Igwemadu on Facebook, the proud teacher of Home Economics recently took to the popular Facebook group, Rant HQ, to reveal how she gets her pupils eager to learn. According to Igwemadu, she encourages them to participate in class activities by rewarding them with snacks.
She wrote: "Right from when I was doing my teaching practice. I learnt to reinforce my students with gifts. Then I would gather fruits in season, especially cocoa pods, yea! Kids loves licking the seeds. Imagine how they would be clamoring to answer my questions and contribute to the lesson."





Igwemadu continued: "I have brought it to my present school. I produce snacks for the school's production unit, so I always map out snacks and drinks for my children's reinforcement.You need to see even how the least among them is always striving to provide a correct answer. The gifts are so little, but they always want to have them. It makes them read more and learn more. I'm out to producing the next generation of readers, leaders and competitors. I'm a teacher. A home economist! And I love my job."
The post immediately went viral on the platform, getting over five thousand shares and over four thousand comments.
While many people applauded her for her unique technique in encouraging her students, others however expressed concerns over certain issues.
Some were of the opinion that she should switch from rewarding them with edible items to actual learning materials such as pencils, books and erasers. According to them, this would prevent any cases of food poisoning being linked to her. Others simply stated that the reward system was flawed as the children might grow up always expecting an incentive for every good deed they carry out.
Still on teachers and students, a young man identified as Chris Golden Ifeanyi has proven that contrary to popular belief, there are more effective ways of disciplining a child other than physically beating him or her.
Ifeanyi who is student of University of Enugu, Nsukka, volunteered to teach some secondary school kids to pass the time during the ASUU strike. In a recent post, he narrated how he dealt with a female student who tried to be sarcastic with him. Rather than admonish or punish her as the rest of the class expected, he assigned her the responsibility of teaching the class about figures of speech.



Post a Comment

0 Comments